Region 10: Nassau & Sulffolk Counties
Region 8: Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Putman & Orange Counties
The Following Requirements and restrictions apply to all Night Moves:
Movements classified as Superloads or in conjunction with a New York City permit are ONLY allowed to move at night when authorized on the face of the permit.
- No convoying will be allowed. Movement must be at least 2000 feet apart.
- OVERSIZE LOAD sign of reflective grade material and all nighttime lighting must be provided in conformance with Night Move Lighting as per NYCRR 154-1.
- All loads crossing centerline will require police escorts.
- Night movements may only take place:
- Monday from 12:01 a.m. - 5:30 a.m. Monday
- Monday from 9:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
- Tuesday from 9:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. Wednesday
- Wednesday from 9:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. Thursday
- Thursday from 9:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. Friday
Moves that take place on Friday night (after 9:00 p.m.) will require proper Police Escorts on all routes.
POLICE ESCORTS - If Police agencies are unable to provide escort services as indicated on the face of the permit, the load SHALL NOT move until proper police escort(s) are in place.
- Escort arrangements SHALL be made two business days prior to start of move.
- One of the following Law Enforcement agencies shall be contacted proper Police Escort(s):
- New York State Police (Region 10) - (631) 756-3300
- Nassau County Police (Region 10) - (516) 573-8210
- Suffolk County Police (Region 10) - (631) 852-5960
- New York State Police (Region 8) - (845-677-7334)
- Local Police (Region 10) - (Phone numbers vary by Jurisdiction)
- All Loads will be subject to inspection by police agencies
- Move time may be changed by police upon consultation with NYSDOT TMC personnel
- Region 10: 631-952-6777
- Region 8: 914-742-6100